Wednesday 11 December 2013

Follow the leader, leader, leader

So last night, for the first time EVER, I lead a group training run... not only a group training run but a run for 18people... on a 10k route... that I had only run once before.

I have probably mentioned elsewhere on this blog that I am a member of GoodGym - a running group who also does good deeds - and whilst the usual GoodGym Hackney run leader is away on holiday I have been asked to cover a couple of runs... and last night was the first of these runs.



Earlier this year, I did my Leadership in Running Fitness qualification and was keen to put it to use so jumped at the chance to lead the run.

I must admit I was more than just a little bit nervous - my main worries were losing people on the run and/or getting lost myself. I did a practice run on the Sunday and was feeling pretty confident I knew the way but there was still a small part of me which was sure I wouldn't remember. In all my briefing and dynamic warm up worries I did end up heading out on the run in my fur snood... this was probably for the best because I am suffering with a chest infection... however, I did look absurd!! I did enjoy wearing a nice big scarf though and have been trying to track down a good running scarf so can someone make one please?! Thanks!

Anywayyyyy...Despite my worries, everything went to plan and I really enjoyed it!! I mean, I am not sure if I enjoyed it at the time but I got a buzz from people saying "I enjoyed that" and "thanks for a great run".

I am looking forward to hosting a GoodGym Hackney run again next week but am keen on leading some of my own runs, along a route I choose... maybe it can be a new goal for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment