Wednesday 14 August 2013

Review: YFumble

After years in the Brownies I have learnt to prepare for every eventuality which results in my handbag being full of everything from a pack of bobby pins to nail varnish to a magnet (don't ask why!) This is fine when matching an oversized bag to your outfit... not such a great quality when heading out on a run...

When the weather was cooler I could fill the pockets up on my Sweaty Betty Running Jacket (probably the best running item I have ever bought) but since the temperatures have started to climb I have been hunting for an alternative for carrying my:

  • Oyster Card
  • Bank Card
  • Asthma Inhaler
  • Mobile Phone
  • Keys
After sending out a request on twitter a surprising amount of people suggested the YFumble and after spying the pink camo version I could not wait for it to arrive.



The YFumble passed the first test - my obnoxiously large phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) can fit into it along with everything else... yes everything!

Second test - it looked great - I love the pink camo.

Unfortunately, the third test didn't go so well. Running with the YFumble is fine, it is comfortable and takes up hardly any space when chucked in my gym bag. But, as I run with an app on my phone I often want to take a glance at the screen or pause it to do some strength exercises which is where the issue lies. Taking my phone in and out of the YFumble when on my arm and when having got my sweat on becomes trickier than taking off a sports bra. Then putting it back on is another ordeal.

I really wanted to like this product and was desperate for it to be a solution to my problem but, after several runs with it, I am finding it more of a frustration than a help.

Anyone got any other solutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment