Monday 4 November 2013

Autumnal run along Parkland Walk

I am trying to get back into doing longer runs after a summer of short sweaty runs thanks to the humid weather. I am also keen to find some new running routes in preparation for post Christmas long runs during my marathon training.

A few runners I follow have tweeted about Parkland Walk in North London and as the Mr's mother lives in North London it seemed an ideal way to visit family and try out a new route. And I am so glad we did!



It was a beautiful route. I joined it at Muswell Hill and ran to Highgate, through Highgate Wood and then rejoined the Parkland Walk to Finsbury Park and then back again. The first part from Muswell Hill to Highgate Wood was stunning as you are on a hill and can look across London - in the autumnal sunshine I felt like I was on top of the world.

I absolutely love running through woods so enjoyed the trip through Highgate Wood and loved passing under the disused railway arches and past the old platforms. The only annoying thing was that I kept having to come off the Parkland and then attempting to rejoin it was tricky at times. The sign posting could have been a bit clearer but it was a small price to pay for such a beautiful route.

I hope to do this route again soon and do it from beginning to end.

Can you recommend any London running routes? Where is your favourite Sunday run location?

No comments:

Post a Comment