Tuesday 16 July 2013

Pppush it real good!

Just in case you hadn't noticed it is HOT. It is also muggy. This is great of a weekend laying in a bikini at the Serpentine Lido but not so great for running.

Although I am not training for anything at the moment I am starting to get frustrated at my inability to deal with this heat on my runs. I haven't managed to go further than 4miles for a couple of weeks now. My pace is a minute slower per mile than it has been for a long time and I don't know what to do...

But what I do know is that I have to just keep trying to push through it. I have to acknowledge that I won't be breaking any records for the next few weeks. I have to come to terms with 5am runs to avoid the heat. I have to drink lots of water instead of tea.

Most of all I have to learn to push harder, both mentally and physically.

What are you doing to combat the heat and keep your running on track?

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding it hard as well, I tend to go out early too, those not as early as 5am!!

    ReplyDelete