Friday 12 July 2013

Who wears short shorts...

It's official, summer has hit.

I feel like I have spent months running through rain, snow and hail stones dreaming of summer evening runs. But now it is here, and a few sweaty runs later I have found myself dreaming of the colder months.

I love my Sweaty Betty black running tights - I have come round to wearing lycra in public, in fact it has become second nature. But the past two weeks the temperatures have been so high there was no choice but to crack out the shorts.

A few weeks back I bought some Nike tight little black shorts thinking that I would look like all of the hot runner babes in their promotional materials. Unfortunately, I was blessed (or cursed depending on the way you look at it) with big thighs and a bum to match. My first run in my Nike shorts left half of east London reeling from my constant wedgie as the shorts rode up to places no shorts should go.

Which left me back in my running tights sweating like nobody's business... that is until I indulged in my other love... Vintage Shopping.

At the wonderful To Be Worn Again Kilo sale I found myself with arms full of dresses and jumpsuits but still under a kilo so, to get my money's worth, I ventured to the vintage sports gear and picked out these shorts...



They are probably men's shorts but I couldn't care less. They are flattering, brightly coloured and baggy enough that they don't ride up but still short enough to feel feminine. I am in love. Better yet they probably cost me less than £1!

So... do you brave shorts on your runs? Are there any you recommend? 

2 comments:

  1. A revelation! I think I might have to hunt out a similar pair as I struggle with the 'wedgie' effect too - not pretty for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab and what a bargain! I have just started to run and have been wearing my boyfriend's shorts! Am too scared of my wobbly thighs to wear shorter ladies ones.... and am dreading lycra :( eeek... Maybe I'll be more toned by winter time ;) x Nic's Notebook

    ReplyDelete