Friday 13 September 2013

Autumn will always mean new starts

Ok so the idea behind this blog was to prove that you can still be feminine, eat cake and be a runner. After taking a break away I realise that I have drifted a little from this original ethos so I am going to focus on demonstrating the balance that I have in my life more on my blog.

So, as Autumn signifies new starts to me - a hangover from school days - I thought I would start today with this new refocused blog.

Black Tied Midi Rings

When I found Black Tied on twitter I was instantly in love. I have been obsessing over midi rings for months but knew if I was going to wear them regularly they needed to match the rings I wear every day.

As soon as I spotted the Silver Plated Twisted above knuckle rings I had to have them. They were affordable and matched the ring bought by the Mr for our anniversary earlier this year.



Black Tied didn't disappoint. They arrived so quickly and were beautifully packaged in a pink pouch with a cute little Thank You note. And the rings themselves are stunning.

I know I am going to be purchasing a lot of Christmas gifts from these guys over the next few months!!

Autumn Wardrobe

Being a girl is so fun when the seasons change. Don't get me wrong I love summer and will miss it deeply but... I am so excited about chunky jumpers and autumnal shades. As autumn seems to have hit all of a sudden this week I hit Westfield.

And came away with this outfit...



I am in love with my H&M chunky jumper and bought it in the biggest size going to make sure it was suitably slouchy. With a love of vintage as soon as I spotted the pattern on this Topshop skirt I knew it had to be mine. It is tight and high waisted but still so comfortable. I am looking forward to teaming it with a cream blouse for smarter work occasions but love wearing it casually like today.

Let the training begin!

Now that the weather is cooling down and September is well underway it is time for me to stop coming up with excuses and to knuckle down to the Brighton Marathon training. Monday will signal the start of my training plan which focuses on stretching, strength and stamina building until January when the mile counting begins.

I am always excited to have a training plan to follow - I find it focuses my mind and gives me that extra bit of motivation to get out there.

To kick start my new plan I have signed up to 10 weeks of Pilates... exciting!

What is the arrival of Autumn bringing for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment