Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bank Holiday Fun

Oops - I have fallen behind on the Blog Every Day in May challenge but that is because I was having too much Bank Holiday fun over the weekend! The topic for day 6 of the challenge was to blog about your perfect Bank Holiday and, thanks to the sunshine, I think this Bank Holiday was damn near perfect.

For me this Bank Holiday weekend was a chance to remember what it is I love about living in London so I was determined to get out and visit places. Highlights of my Bank Holiday weekend were:

To Be Worn Again vintage clothes kilo sale
Rails upon rails of vintage clothes and priced by the kilo - I managed to bag myself three dresses and two tops for the grand sum of £17.20! Bargain!

Sunday morning run along the canal
After last weekend's beautiful heath run I was less enthused about heading out to hit the streets in London but running along the canal in the morning sunshine with blues skies was a joy.



Cocktails at the Town Hall, Bethnal Green
To celebrate mine and the Mr's anniversary we went for cocktails in the Town Hall Hotel, Bethnal Green. Beautiful bar space with the most amazing furniture and cocktails to die for: refreshing but with a kick. Not too pricey either.



Canal Cavalcade, Little Venice
If you love barges, bunting and real ale then the Canal Cavalcade is for you. Stunning array of canal boats gather in Little Venice for the long weekend and there was a real summer festival atmosphere. Market stalls and real ale tents mean that you can spend the day soaking up the sun here.



Sunbathing in Hyde Park
Spent the day making the most of the sunshine and sunbathed in Hyde Park, alongside hundreds of other Londoners with the same idea. Far from feeling overcrowded it was great to see people getting outside and enjoying it together.

So there we have it, a Bank Holiday taking in the sites of London and remembering just what it is I love about this city.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the choice of things to so in London. There really is something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete