Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Morning Ritual

So in a last ditch attempt to finish Blog Every Day In May this blog post is about "Morning Ritual".

My morning ritual is basic and mostly focused on breakfast. I love breakfast and can't remember a time that I didn't find it an important way to begin the day. In fact it deeply concerns me that a large amount of people skip breakfast but more worrying are those who skip breakfast to lose weight! FACT: Those who eat breakfast are a third less likely to be obese (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2824987.stm) as it increases your metabolism and stops you from overeating during the day.

I have recently changed my breakfast routine after seeing a Nutritionist who suggested that my constant sweet cravings could be down to the fact that I was starting my day with homemade granola (seriously, no reason to buy granola when you can make it with oats, honey and a little oil then baked in the oven), seeds, natural yoghurt and fruit. Starting the day with such a sweet breakfast, although healthy, may be kick starting me wanting sweet things from then on.



So, my current breakfast routine is this... Wake up at 7:45am, straight to the kettle to make a Green Tea with a slice of Lemon (Green Tea has been linked with lowering cholesterol  raising metabolism, lowering risk of cancer and fighting off dementia and has just enough caffeine to kick start the day).



Now for my savoury breakfast - I pop two eggs in to boil and go away and do my make up. Exactly 5 mins later I am ready to have my multigrain ryvita, wilted spinach, tomatoes and boiled eggs on top.



I make sure I take time to sit down to eat my breakfast and take time to relax before heading to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment