Wednesday 1 May 2013

5 lines about me...

Today is the 1st May and the first day of Blog Every Day in May.

Today's topic is "5 Lines about me". As I am a prolific waffler I have chosen to interpret this as 5 points about me... so here it goes...

1. I love cake - I love baking it, eating it, giving it to others, talking about it, the smell of it and people who bake cakes! After all, anyone who takes the time to bake a cake for someone else must be a nice person... right?

2. I am mildly obsessed with running - Discovering running was a breakthrough for me after years of slogging it out in the gym and hating almost every second of it. Running challenges me, frees me from the stresses of the day and encourages me to get outside and explore!

3. I love literature - As an English Graduate, literature is in my blood. I love reading and the way it can transport you to a different time and place. I love the way a phrase can inspire you and I collect quotes which do just this.

4. I love tea - everything is better with a cup of tea, and if it isn't then you haven't had enough tea!

5. Vintage - I was born in the wrong era but the problem is I can't decide what era I was supposed to be born in! I love the patterns and colours of the 60s and 70s, the 20s glamour and the role women were forging for themselves in the 40s and 50s.

So that's me summed up in 5 points! And this is me feeling very nervous before my first EVER running challenge... which happened to be a Half Marathon!


5 comments:

  1. Great to meet you girl :) I am also in BEDM :)
    I am a tea addict , but when it comes to cake , I can hardly share ;)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah lovely facts. always admire people who run, and my sister is a keen runner. I wish I was. I'm doing BEDM lets hope we all keep it up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to meet you both - BEDM is such a great idea!

    I have to share cake otherwise I would be the size of a house by now... although running so much gives me the excuse to tuck into cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the BEDM list to say hi! :)

    Reading this list is a little strange because I could easily have written all of those things! I am less into vintage than you, it seems, but the rest of them are me almost down to a tee! I have just started running, and I adore it!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    Janey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sentiments are exactly the same about tea, in fact I was tell my OH when I'm tired that I have too much blood in my tea stream!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge and look forward to reading more lovey post

    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete